Monday, February 4, 2013

Cast of 39 Steps

  "The 39 Steps" is over. I'm feeling rather bipolar about that at the moment. What I can say is that I think we did a fantastic job every night, and that I feel extremely lucky to have worked with such an amazing group of people. In fact, let me count the ways. . .




Nancy (who played one of the Clowns) is a creative, jolly person to work with. Always positive, always willing to try new ways of doing things, she's a wonderful actress.I don't know many women that could pull off the dozen or so men's roles she played, but she did it with finesse.













  Chuck (also a Clown) is the biggest ham I've ever met. He steals every scene, but you really can't get upset about it, because he's making you laugh, too. His expressions are masterpieces, each and every one. Plus, Chuck makes everyone around him feel warm and fuzzy, you can't but help love him.






  Michael (who played Richard Hannay) is one of the most brilliant actors I've ever had the pleasure to work with. He could put anyone to shame in any role. Including mine. Great, now I'm envisioning what he could have done as Anabella, and I'm already embarrassed at how much better he is at it than me. *sigh* Anyway, not only is he a fantastic actor, he's also a generous one. He's more than willing to set up his fellow actors for jokes, and he somehow makes everyone around him better. Like some weird acting wizard.

  This is getting pretty long, so I think I'll break this up into multiple parts. It's hard to cram the people and events of your last three months into one post . . .

  Great, now I'm sad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment