Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First List: Nerdy Tendencies

To start off... I am a nerd. If you could not tell from the title.
To commemorate my first blog post, here's a list of my nerdier tendencies:

--I have a plethora of fantasy books. That's right. Plethora. These include, but are not limited to,
-Harry Potter (a nerdy essential)
-The Uglies trilogy. Pretties is my favorite; it just sounds so FUN. For those of you who have read it, don't worry; the irony is not lost on me. But I still think it sounds 'bubbly'.
-The Twilight books. I'm going to do what all nerds do when faced with admitting to liking something ultra-popular: I LIKED IT BEFORE IT WAS POPULAR!!!
-Phantom of the Opera. Ditto, LIKED IT FIRST.
-Ella Enchanted (favorite since my childhood)
-Howl's Moving Castle, and pretty much any Diana Wynne Jones book.
etc etc

--I like anime. Oy, that's a hard one to admit to. I'm not emo, I don't wear a trench coat, I don't wear ninja headbands. But I do like anime.

--I have watched disgusting amounts of Star Trek: Next Generation, Law and Order, LOST, Alias, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, Ghost Hunters, blah blah blah.

--I adore Shakespeare plays. I must admit, however, they give me a terrible superiority complex. I just feel so...so... cultured! Suckas.

--I also love musicals. My current musical obsession is Into the Woods, but I'm thinking it may be time to move on. If anyone has any good musical suggestions, I'm all ears.

I'm sure there's a million others I could list here, but I think that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment