Sunday, April 17, 2011

Now How Did I Manage That? . . .

  Yesterday, McKay and I hosted a Murder Mystery.

  I was really hoping I would say something incredibly awkward, or that there would be some sort of fiasco (which seemed inevitable, given my prowess as hostess) so I could have easy writing  fodder for you guys, but alas! It all went rather well, unfortunately.

  Well, sure, I'm used to cooking for two, so we ran out of Chicken Tortilla Soup and McKay and I had to split a bowl and pray no one wanted seconds. And, yes, I was audibly disappointed to find that I was not the murderer because my character was too fat to fit through the porthole the murderer climbed through. But, all in all, a pleasant evening with nothing horrendous to report.

  I also thought this morning was destined to hold an amusing story of the Bumbling Julia sort, what with my being called to say the closing prayer in Sacrament Meeting. If you know me, you know I have a history of terrible public prayers. But, for the first time ever, I did NOT do something moronic like forget to say "Amen", or repeat the same phrase three times, or start a sentence that I can't think of an ending for so the silence drags on for eons until I hurriedly close. Nope, for once I said a short, simple prayer that everyone immediately forgot about the second I said "Amen". And I am a-ok with that. Much better than the alternative--in one of the single's wards I was in, I gave such a horrendous prayer that several people later told me how wonderful it was (so I wouldn't kill myself, most likely).

  But still, you poor readers! What entertainment can I provide you with if this non-spastic behavior continues?!

No comments:

Post a Comment