Saturday, December 3, 2011

Baby Shower!

  I'd like to start out with a BIG "thank you" to the many people who attended/helped out with my baby shower! It was a lot of fun, and it was great seeing you all again! I know some pretty awesome people, just so you all know. And, once again, I got very, very spoiled.

  The shower was library themed, so everyone brought me a copy of their favorite childhood book. Reading to Lincoln is something that's very important to me, and I want to start him young so he can learn to enjoy it as much as I do, so I loved seeing what books everyone chose--we got a good variety, too, no one chose the same book!


   I also received several fox-themed presents because everyone close to me knows that they are the bestest animal to ever exist. To me.

  We played a couple of book-themed games, including one where we saw how many words we could come up with out of the letters of Lincoln's full name (Cara's sister-in-law Jess won--52 words! Good gravy! I do NOT want to play Boggle against her, ever), and a kind of name-that-nursery-rhyme challenge, which were both very fun, thank you, Mary, for setting those up! Mostly we talked, laughed, and ate yummy food. Which is what the best parties always consist of, in my opinion.

  Thanks again to everyone for everything! Super generic phrase, but there's just too much to thank you all for because you are all incredibly awesome. Wish I could party with you guys everyday.

P.S. I'm due in exactly ONE MONTH, peoples! Time to start hyperventilating!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote all my thank you cards when Olivia was a week old and they are still sitting on my dresser unsent. This reminds me that I should take care of those!!! glad you had a fun shower. lancaster people give the best gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the invite Julia! It was super cute! Love the theme. Wish I could've gone, but I'm glad it well!

    ReplyDelete