Sunday, December 18, 2011

Coastin'

   Yesterday McKay and I were finally able to get all these Oregonians off our back and visited the coast for the first time. And it was pretty great, not gonna lie. Though as it was pretty much my first trip venturing outside the house for reasons other than post office, doctor's appointment, or grocery shopping all week, my opinion may have been swayed a teensy bit. But it was still awesome.

  Anyhoo, we were shown the sights from a rad, young pregnant couple (the one I mentioned we were having over for dinner the day I cried because I spilled some scrambled eggs, remember? Guess we didn't manage to scare them off yet! Woot!). We had a grand ol' time at the Aquarium, then some snacking and combing on da beach, and then some oh-so-delicious clam chowder courtesy of Mo's Annex, which I guess is a pretty famous place. I mean, Kennedy AND Bush had their pictures up on the wall, so you know you can't go wrong, right? Oh, and did I mention that the weather was SUNNY? And it was actually warmer in Newport than in Albany? Yeah, I was pretty much trunking out of my mind.

 PHOTO DUMP!

Oh, yeah, and I'm 37 and a half weeks pregnant, by the way.
This is either a sea lion or the other thing that was with the sea lions. I learned a lot from the aquarium, as you can tell.
Bird sanctuary thingy! There were puffins and auks and such, all local birds.
McKay's best fishy face.
I told McKay, "Act like it's eating you." Obviously he is very frightened.
There was a section where you could touch star fish, sea cucumbers, etc. I would poke them for 1/100,000,000th of a second, then snatch my hand back because it was too scary. I believe I'm poking a anemone in this picture. You know, like Nemo lived in.

You can pretty much make anything look dramatic with a beach background. Just wait til we get to the sunset ones!
I'm thinking something really deep right here, I'm sure. Like, "Mmm, I could really go for some Oreo Cakesters right now. Those things are bomb-diggity."
As you can tell, my hair did not hold up in the beach humidity. Ah, well. The sacrifices I make, I swear.


DRAMATIC SUNSET PICTURE
I'm just checking my voicemail here, but I had to include it because I look cute. Right? Riiiiight??


Aaaand after it was all said and done and we finally arrived home, McKay started on his talk for the Spanish ward for the next morning. And did not get very far.

  In all seriousness, though, it was a really fun day, and I'm very grateful to the nice couple who showed us around, who shall remain nameless as I'm not sure if they're cool with me spouting off about them on the internets. As the day was finishing, I was expressing my enthusiasm that there was another couple in the ward that wouldn't say things like, "Oh, you know, back when I graduated in --. . . you know, the year you were BORN." I was also secretly planning on our boys (who will be about two months apart) being bffs, and all of us hanging out all the time, becoming one big awesome-fest.

  "Oh, it's too bad we're moving!" They said. I laughed, thinking they were joking, since they just moved here in October.

 They weren't.

  Suck.

P.S. I still like the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment