Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Something Like Christmas

   I haven't posted much Christmas-related stuff due to my being slightly majorly bummed that we can't go to California this year (bad timing, Lincoln. But I forgive you). But with some Christmas-y touches, I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit.

  I really wish our apartment had a good space available for a Christmas tree because they are DIRT CHEAP here in Oregon. But, on the bright side, I'm finally making good use of the mini Christmas tree I've had since I was ten.

  McKay and I try to get ornaments from everyplace that has significance for us--see if you can spot the lucky Chinese cat (authentically from China! Unlike everything else here in the US!) and wiggly octopus from our honeymoon in Hawaii. There's also a teenage mutant ninja turtle wearing a Santa hat in there because, um, it's awesome. Doy.

  I also spotted an ugly Christmas sweater in the dollar section of Target that was technically meant for a shivering chihuahua or something, but come on. How could I pass up an opportunity like this?


  McKay keeps saying I'm torturing our cat, but I think McKay is just projecting his own feelings about the sweater. Sylvester really doesn't seem to mind it at all. A Christmas miracle! Plus it makes me giggle every time I look at Sylvester, and McKay knows better than to cross a 37 week pregnant woman by insisting I take it off. Yay for Christmas! And for small fuzzy animals!

  What's helping you get into the Christmas spirit this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment