Thursday, March 29, 2012

Couldn't Resist (Survey Part 1)

  I warned you. I can't resist a survey. Curse you, Kimberly!

1. Song that always makes you sad? 
"Vienna" by Billy Joel. The lyrics aren't really sad, but something about that tinkling piano always makes me want to cry. Also "The Scientist" by Coldplay.

2. Last thing you bought?
The last thing I really bought was boring (groceries), but the last interesting thing I bought was cowboy boots. They're for my best friend's wedding. That's not a joke. (They actually look pretty cute with my bridesmaid's dress.)

3. Last person you argued with?
 I'm sure it was McKay, because he's who I talk to 99% of the time. Can't remember what about, though. Neither of us are super confrontational, but the last thing I NAGGED him about was putting his cereal bowl IN the sink rather than next to it. For some weird reason he always does this, and for some weirder reason, it drives me insane. "Do you have some moral objection to putting your dishes in the ACTUAL sink?" I believe were my verbatim words. Yeah, he's lucky to have me.

4. Do you put Butter before putting the peanut butter on?
 Do people actually do this? Odd.


5. One of your stuffed animals' names as a kid?
My very first beanie baby was a black cat that I named (not realizing/caring that they came with names) "Blackjack". Not after the card game (I don't think I'd ever heard of it before, honestly), I just couldn't decide between the name "Blackie" and "Jack". And the fact I was going to name a black cat "Blackie" just kinda goes to show how good I was at naming things.

6. Did you ever own at one time a Barenaked Ladies Cd?
No, but I still have a fondness for them. It reminds me of the days Andrew used to pick me up from school and would take me to get a slurpee at 7-11. Good times.

7. Favorite day of the week?
I have to go with Kimberly on this; Friday seems much better than Saturday because on Saturday it feels like the weekend is already running out. Friday is full of so much promise. I also like it because I don't have to feel bad about having McKay get up with Lincoln for late-night feedings because he can sleep in.


8. Favorite Sundae topping?
I'm not much of a Sundae person. I'm more of a chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup mixed in kind of person. And maybe chocolate chips. I'm so getting diabetes someday.

9. Did you take Piano lessons?
I took piano from the time I was eight years old til I was fourteen. At this time I wore my mother down and she allowed me to quit (something none of my siblings were able to accomplish; comes with being the youngest, your parents are too tired to care by that point). My teacher cared way, WAY too much about theory, and she made me cry on multiple occasions. Piano was not fun for me.

10. Most frequent song played? 
I have no idea what this question is supposed to mean, but according to my itunes, it is a tie between "Whistle for the Choir" by the Fratellis and "A Wink and a Smile" by Harry Connick, Jr. My new favorite song, though, is "I Can't Decide" by Scissor Sisters. I kept singing it to Lincoln the other day, but then I realized that it's an incredibly creepy song to be singing to your tiny baby. It's a morbid song, regardless, but it's just so peppy! But, yeah, telling your son you're going to feed him poisoned birthday cake seems like grounds for social services.


    That seems as good a stopping point as any for now, but I shall continue on this 62 question extravaganza another day, never fear! I encourage all you other bloggers to follow suit as well, of course.

1 comment:

  1. You're smart. I put way too much work into that thing to blow it all on one day. Live and learn. Live aaaaaaand learn.

    ReplyDelete