Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Waterton 2012

  Waterton, Canada is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It's right across the border from Glacier National Park, so I assume if you've been to Glacier. . .  it's pretty similar. ONLY MORE CANADIAN. Which means "awesome". The little town is adorable to da max, too, it's hard to beat.

   There was one major change that my non-change-loving brain had a hard time coping with, though. The teensy one-screen movie theater that we frequented every year was . . . no more. I guess movies today require a new kind of projector, one that costs about a quarter of a million dollars. And the owner, who runs other movie theaters and only ran the Waterton one as a beloved hobby, just couldn't swing that. So now it's more of a dinner and band revenue. A TRAVESTY! *sigh* So, if any eccentric billionaires are reading this, this whole movie-theater-turned-band-thing really needs to be rectified. DO IT NOW.

At a Canadian "beach". Meaning lake. That hat was riridiculously cute, so I had to include this.
Getting the tube in James' car (a VW Rabbit) was more difficult than imagined. It also left very little room for actual passengers (AKA me) in the backseat.
McKay, tubing in style. James was an excellent/fun driver. The coastguard pulled up to us shortly after, but fortunately dad is so law-happy, we actually DID have the required flashlight, flare gun, radio, paperwork, life jackets, AND fire extinguisher on board that the coastguard asked about. Not joking.
Lincoln's first boat ride! If he had any strong feelings about it one way or another, I was not aware of them.

    I loved it when McKay came to Waterton, because at that point I'd been on vacation for two weeks without him, and I had had several breakdowns caused by lack of sleep (Lincoln got sick in Utah and it was not uncommon for him to wake up EVERY FREAKING HOUR). I thought we were having a grand old time until McKay asked me quietly if he'd done something to make me mad. I was astounded at this, as I had thought I was being rather pleasant, actually, and the question immediately made me moody and lash out at the slightest provocation like a wounded she-beast.
  Yup. He's lucky to have me.
   Despite me, I think a good time was still had by all. I also got to watch the second season of Sherlock and it was hilarious and epic. If you haven't seen it yet, do it. Now. NOW, I TELLS YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment