Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rant About Superiority

  I was thinking the other day about a young man I met a while back. He told me that he had been rejected by some Latter-Day Saint women because he was a convert to the church and hadn't grown up in it. Thinking about the unjustness of that, I realized something profound that I'm sure you all already knew, but I'm going to pretend I'm blowing your mind with it anyway:

  Those women are Death Eaters.

   Okay, not LITERALLY, but they might as well be. Because being punished for being a convert to the church is as racist as saying a muggle-born wizard isn't as good as a pureblood one. And "racist" probably isn't the right word, but I can't think of the wizard equivalent. Or Mormon one. Oh! "Prejudiced". There's a nice, all-encompassing evil word.

  Anyway, why should they feel superior, just because they were fortunate enough to have the gospel since birth? It doesn't make them a better member of the church. It doesn't ensure they get into heaven. All it means is they should know better than to be jerkfaces. And, in case they haven't noticed, people who feel superior to others because of their genealogy are never the good guys in history.

  So don't be a Natzi Death Eater.

  The end.

1 comment:

  1. I will keep this in mind next time I get asked out on a date. I will direct my husband to this post if he has any sort of problem with it. :)

    ReplyDelete