Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day Six: Earliest Day I Can Remember

  Actually, I have very few recollections of my childhood that I can staunchly say are memories, not just stories I've heard so often that I THINK I remember them. As the youngest child (and a rather cute one, if I say so myself), I could be quite the snotty jerkface. Our family home videos show me throwing tantrums, making rude comments to my siblings on my birthday (those really make me cringe), and just basically doing what jerkfaces do best. I like to think of myself as a moderately nice person these days, and so I have blocked most of my childhood out.

  One day I do remember, though, was Christmas Eve when I was about five or six. It was at my grandparent's house, and, like every other Christmas Eve ever, we were given one present that night. And, like always, it was pajamas. But these just weren't ANY pajamas! It was a pink silk-like nightgown, the kind Disney princesses or Barbie would wear. I loved it. I twirled and twirled in my pink pretty nightgown (I think I recall singing to myself as well, which is a fairly safe bet) until it was time to go to bed.

  On my way up to bed, I thanked my parents graciously by saying, "I still kind of wish it was a toy."

  Like I said. Jerkface.

No comments:

Post a Comment