Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 30- Ways I Believe I Have Grown Over the Past Thirty Days.

 Or a hundred and fifty days, same diff.

  Well, since September (when I started this list), I have learned how to cook. Quite well, surprisingly, as the most cooking I did in college pre-marriage was a Cup of Noodles, or brownies, if I was feeling really daring. But now I cook most nights because I generally find it relaxing, even more complicated dishes like Chicken Pad Thai (if that doesn't impress you, then pretend I said something more complicated). I'd say cooking is on the very, very short list of things that I think I do rather well now. Which makes me happy. I may not be a supercalifrajalisticexpialadocious homemaker (curse you, ultra impressive Mormon mommy blogs!), but at least I can cook delicious food.

  I have also started my feltie hobby. Sometimes the year-long challenge stresses me out (like today, as I still have to finish one for last week and I haven't even started), but it's nice to have goals. Even if they involve felt.

  I'm also in the first play I've been in since high school, which I don't know if I would have tried out for had the conditions not been perfect (I'll get into that another time). Even though it might not be a super impressive play or anything, it's been a lot of fun. It's also made me remember who I am more, as weird as that might sound.

  One thing I apparently did not learn was how to combat procrastination. McKay is currently finishing up a slide show for a fireside we are teaching in about an hour. It's about our summer in China, and I'm going to try my best to say something other than "I was bored out of my mind, and spent most of my time getting bit by the most psycho kitten in the world. I wouldn't have been surprised if she was radioactive and I'm now Feral Cat Woman. The highlight of my week was generally buying groceries and getting lost on the bus route, at least on the weeks where I wasn't puking my brains out."

  Wish me luck. Because that really does just about sum it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment