Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'd Like to Thank. . .

  • My family. Dad, for answering all my paranoid medical questions. Mom for being such an amazing example of motherhood my whole life (can't wait to see you tonight or tomorrow!). Nicole for sending me her old breast pump and just being supportive in general. Andrew and Joy for lending me their baby boy clothes. And everyone else for just being awesome.
  •  My ward (for those of you who are not LDS, that means other church members in my area). A different person has brought us dinner every day this week, and they've all asked in what other ways they could help, too. It's been so nice not having to worry about cooking, and it's all been delicious as well! The church has such an amazing support system built in, it truly is inspired.
  • Lanolin cream. Because. . . ouch. Breastfeeding is no joke. Especially with a ten pound baby.
  • Nurses. You guys do so dang much, it's such a thankless job. Thanks for being so kind to me when I wanted to shrivel up and die with embarrassment.
  • Lincoln's pediatrician. First doctor's visit, McKay and I were running late and forgot our diaper bag. Of course Lincoln wet his diaper while we were there. The pediatrician not only didn't judge us for our stupidity, but when we were changing the diaper (they keep spare diapers, luckily) and Lincoln proceeded to poop all over her examination table, then squirted pee in a high arc all over himself, she kept totally cool and was incredibly kind.You totally passed Julia's Test of Radness, doctor. And I don't think I would have passed it myself, honestly.
  • McKay, obviously. I don't know how I would have made it through this week without you, love. Also, we made one good-lookin' baby!
  • You readers. (Did anyone else think "PBS is made possible by viewers like you"? No? Dang) Writing has always been an outlet for me, and I appreciate all your kind, thoughtful, and funny comments. You. . . complete me. (Maybe I should have put that under McKay's section. Just know it applies to him, too, k?)
Now some more Lincoln pictures! Because of everything I'm grateful for, I'm most grateful that I have a healthy, beautiful baby that melts my heart every time I look at him. (Man, I'm such a sap now)


The terror!

We had a photoshoot with some of the outfits Lincoln is in danger of outgrowing. We HAD to get some of the tie-dye onesie a ward member gave us second hand.

We were going for a Fabio look in this one

It's hard to see, but he was rocking the cutest fohawk.

    4 comments:

    1. I'm impressed: 1. Newborn Lincoln has the patience to have a multi-outfit photo shoot, and 2. Julia, mom to newborn Lincoln, chooses blogging over sleep. (I'm glad you can blog, though--I love reading your posts!) I'm pretty sure there is no way I could have blogged when Jake was a newborn. You are hereby elevated to supermom status!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh good grief Julia:) I never know whether or not your blog makes me so excited or so dang nervous that I want to scream "Is it too late to back out?" anyways, you are wonderful and your baby is so adorable! So happy for you:)

      ReplyDelete
    3. ok, I'm totally seeing McKay in there now. Especially the last couple of photos. He's a cutie pie (Lincoln, although I'm sure you think that of McKay too!). Also I may have a few clothes I can send your way. I'll have to dig through the garage, which although not as bad as mom and dads, is still a little daunting.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love the photo shoot!! Because I thought babies always grew out of their clothes in like a day or two or a week maybe, I only had like three newborn outfits. Olivia had to wear those three outfits for 6 WEEKS! I was so sick of them. You have the opposite problem! :) He's so dang cute and I hope you're having a great time snuggling him!

      ReplyDelete