Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Only Sunshine

  Today I contentedly watched Lincoln play with a sunbeam on the floor. I wondered for a minute why it was so entertaining to him and a shocking question made me pause--has Lincoln ever seen a sunbeam on the carpet before? Probably not any time he would remember. There are so few sunny days here, and I usually keep the curtains closed because my neighbor has a penchant for topless sunbathing.

  What else has my child been deprived of?

  
    P.S. If you were wondering, the song playing in the background is "Your Ex-Lover is Dead" by Stars. Lovely song. This was the second video I took of Lincoln because I realized halfway through the first that I was absentmindedly singing along. I ruined all my videos from a Rooney concert I went to that way. Stupid me.

   P.P.S. Isn't my baby friggin' adorable? I'll admit, I got a bit of a tear in my eye while this was going on this morning. It was one of those moments where everything feels like it's exactly as it should be.

1 comment:

  1. I always ruin videos by having some trashy show on in the background!

    And I love mornings like that. They gets us through the crappy times.

    ReplyDelete