Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If My Life Were a Video Game, I Would Totally Have Leveled Up By Now

13 more days.

Part of me is excited, part of me is freaked out for what comes next.
Though, really, after China, I don't know why I'd be worried about OREGON of all places.

China has been difficult at times, but really enjoyable at others.
If I could go back in time, here is the advice I would give myself:

People will stare no matter what you do. Just laugh, glaring won't deter them anyway.

Don't bother trying to tan. Not gonna happen.

DON'T BEG FOR THE CAT. SHE IS THE DEVIL IN FELINE FORM.

Trying to find good-tasting Chinese cuisine is a waste of time. Ain't gonna happen.

The bus isn't to be feared. Most drivers will look out for you, and it's not ghetto. But sometimes, a taxi is really worth the extra couples bucks.

Indoor skiing is totally worth it, if only for the air conditioning.

BRING WATER. Doesn't matter where you're going or for how long, BRING FREAKING WATER.

It really isn't necessary to bring enough toiletries to last the summer. They sell it here, and for a LOT cheaper.

Bring your cute, weird shoes! They will be appreciated here. And a couple more dresses. All the girls dress like they're going to a tea party/prom here.

Just because all the girls here hold hands does not mean they're all lesbians.

You will get used to the concrete-like beds eventually. Just hang in there.

People put corn and peas in EVERYTHING. On pizza, ice cream flavors, in desserts; really, nothing is safe.
It will be hot. Really hot. Complaining about it every three seconds will not make it less hot.

13 more days. . .

First thing I'm going to do is eat a huge bowl of Lucky Charms. How I've missed cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment