Friday, July 22, 2011

Irrational Love

  Sometimes you are attracted to things that are bad for you. Things that you should never, ever, in a million years want, but for some reason you find yourself thinking about it nonstop.

  I feel that way about the bungalow I checked out this afternoon.

  It had no dishwasher (generally an automatic "no" from me). There was no bathtub (again, generally a "no"). The ceilings were low. VERY low. The bedrooms are tiny. Some bits and pieces seemed to be literally falling apart, and there was paint on the doorknobs from some obviously shoddy jobs. It was also located right next to a graveyard.

  But I don't care. I really don't. Because I'm in love. I love the fact that it makes me feel like I'm in a dollhouse. I love the teensy garden out front. I love the little loft area at the top of the stairs that I think would be perfect for a nursery, or maybe a study. And I really, really love that for the first time ever we would NOT BE SHARING ANY WALLS.


  Can you blame me? How can you say no to this tiny slice of heaven?

  P.S. I think McKay may kill me when he finally sees this beauty. Especially with the $80 application fee and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment