Monday, October 24, 2011

Note to Self:

  My "notes" in class are highly suspect. I do take notes, but mostly on random thoughts that I think are funny, or that I just need to write down so they'll stop bugging me. You don't get the full effect without the accompanying doodles, but here are some snippets of past "notes" I have taken:

Is it evil to pray someone is sick? Or at least negligent in attending class?

It seems like you can only say something profound on the days you don't try.

Julia loves cats, coats, and couches.

I WANT BUTTERBEER! AND A PYGMY PUFF! [I wrote this over a year ago. I'm not sure why]

Detailed notes = good grades. I think I'm golden.

I like thrift stores, but when there are no good stores around you just end up with a bunch of thrice-used crap.

Crazy suicidal incestuous lesbians messing with my head. [written while watching The Hours in my American Literature]

I JUST WANT TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY. Grocery shopping, and then you are MINE.

That boy's a born politician. Every time he talks it sounds like a presidential debate response.

Blob body. Big boobs do nothing for me now.

STOP IT, JULIA, WHY DO YOU INSIST ON BRINGING YOURSELF TO TEARS WHEN YOU'RE IN A PUBLIC PLACE?!

When I look over my life and all my options, I'm glad I ended up where I am with who I'm with. I really lucked out with McKay. You can feel like you totally know a person, but marriage is still a huge gamble. And I won. Poor McKay.

Braxton Hicks is obviously a MAN to label this crap "painless".

I don't want to get old. I think I'll be a terrible grandma.

I miss Lancaster pretty bad, but when I see the beautiful colors here in fall I always think, "Alright, Oregon. You win this season."

QUESADILLA TIME!!!

Wishes that build up in your soul until they boil and burn [close to Langston Hughes plagiarism]

I enjoy bad things sometimes because then I have a funny story for my blog.

Geez, if anyone analyzed MY notes this closely they'd probably think I'm a psychotic lesbian, too. [My American Lit teacher was heavy into reading into author's lives by their writing]

HOLY TOLEDO, BATMAN!

  Yeah, I pretty much rock at taking notes.

1 comment: