Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 9: What Defines Me

  What? What does that mean, exactly? This feels like one of those job interview questions where you pull something out of your butt and hope it doesn't sound too hogwashy. But sure, I'll try to go along with it, and answer it how I would if I were actually in an interview. Only more honest.

  I think what defines me, in a way, is my lack of definition. Which makes me sound exciting, but I'm not. What I mean is that my personality tends to change depending on who I'm with. For example, at Cara's wedding (which I will have a post on when I get back to Oregon, but I don't want to deal with uploading pictures and all that jazz while I'm still in California) I got to hang out with one of my best friends, Kellie. Every time I'm with Kellie, I suddenly start acting like I'm sixteen again. Which is fun for me, but probably weirds everyone else out. But if I'm with someone really outgoing, my personality suddenly becomes much more quiet to make room for them. Conversely, if I'm with someone shy, I find my personality puffing up like a marshmallow in a microwave to even things out.

  I think what also defines me is how hard I try to get along with everyone. I don't do this well all the time, but I do try.

  But the main thing I would say that defines me is laughter. I love to laugh and to make people laugh. I think you can get through just about anything if you have the ability to laugh.

  What defines you, whatever that means?


  Also, I'm trying to reply to your guys' comments, but it's not letting me. It's very frustrating, I've tried about four times and it's not working. Any ideas? Or do you think it's just a glitch that will fix itself with time?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment