Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 15: If I Was an Animal, What Would I Be and Why

 This question cracks me up, because I was asked it at a mass job interview for American Eagle.

  I'd already interviewed at American Eagle and hadn't made the cut because I wore a skirt and tried to act professional. They promptly forgot all about me and called to ask me to interview again. So this time I came wearing jeans and didn't bother hiding my boredom

  Anyway, in the second interview, they asked me what animal I would be. I had already been offered a job at KB Toys and for some reason felt too awkward to tell the American Eagle peoples that and turn down the interview. So I truly didn't care how I did.

  I told them I would be a fox, really just because that's my favorite animal, but I said it was because foxes are secretive and solitary and something about liking to hide. Which, when you think about it, doesn't sound like qualities you want in an employee.

  They hired me. The manager told me he hired me because he finally remembered me at my initial interview and said he was impressed with the fact I'd done a 180 since then.

  I think it was the jeans.

  But, when it became obvious that working for American Eagle was like being forced to hang out with  high maintenance cool kids in high school mixed with a twinge of Nazi, I quit.

  I lasted a month.

  Here's some bonus pictures of spring in Oregon! Friggin' gorgeous, right?





Any idea what kind of tree this is? Or that bush? I see those bushes with flowers all over town (it's the same as the bush-tree thingies in the first photo), and they can grow HUGE. I want one.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly sure from the photos, but it looks like a magnolia. Spring in the Pacific Northwest is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of those "get to know you questions" that leaves you knowing very little about the person. And I cannot believe what the guy said who interviewed you! You made a complete 180? Heaven forbid a hard working professional work for him. Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's like a floral wonderland!

    It snowed here today. Happy Spring Utah.
    I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also believe the bush is magnolia. My parents have/had one in their front yard for years! Smells beautiful!! Not sure about the tree!

    ReplyDelete